Welcome to this week’s edition of “What We Ate” & also the 3rd full week of “Weight Loss Wednesdays.” Have you found any inspiration from any of the other participants because I sure know that I have! I have completely enjoyed reading each of their honest posts & have been finding the accountability that has developed between us supportive & not at all overwhelming or competitive. It’s been a helpful community to be a part of so far, so I hope that you have been savoring their posts as much as I have.
Today, we’re mostly talking about our exercise plans. Exercise has always been something that I have struggled with, mostly because… well, because I’m lazy I guess. It just always seems like so much work! And, duh! It is. But I have to say that over the past couple of weeks, I have changed my attitude about it a little bit.
I think most of my struggle has come from thinking that I won’t enjoy it, but that is one big fat lie. There might be different styles of exercise that I may never enjoy (like running for example), but I think the important thing is to find something that you can truly look forward to, otherwise it will be nearly impossible to get yourself going.
My exercise goals/plan looks like this:
- 5 days a week, I get up at 7:00 & do 40 minutes of yoga to get my day started off right. I love doing yoga in the mornings because it’s a peaceful, gentle way for this non-morning person to wake up. This is my favorite yoga video right now, but I also love this set of videos. If I’m more in a “workout mood,” I will switch it up & do this video. I don’t like to do the same video every day because it just gets boring!
- 3 days a week, I walk for an hour (3.5 miles) throughout our neighborhood with Ruby in our jogging stroller.
- 1 day a week, I go hiking with Ruby in the Ergo for an hour, usually on one of the lovely bluff trails. We live in such a beautiful place, so this is quite a treat.
- 1 day a week, I go biking for an hour (10 miles) down by the river & on some trails. Also gorgeous! I have this awesome bike seat for Ruby so she can enjoy the ride as well!
- We also try to do one activity on the weekend- usually either hiking or biking the trails.
Eventually, I would like to invest into a heart rate monitor so that I can really know how many calories I am burning when I exercise. I think it would also encourage me to step it up when I’m lagging a little bit. I have my eye on this one, but I’m curious to see if any of you have one that you could recommend?
I’m doing my best not to count cleaning or chasing my daughter around the house as exercise because those things aren’t really getting my heart rate up & they’re not all that enjoyable to be honest. I am trying to focus on getting my body moving as a treat for my body & my mind- especially when we can get outside in the sunshine. It does so much for my mental health!
Do you exercise regularly? What do you like to do to get your body moving? Please comment below! And make sure that you check out each of the bloggers who are joining me in Weight Loss Wednesdays:
- Pint Sized Baker
- Je suis alimentageuse
- It’s Yummi
- Heather’s French Press
- Say Not Sweet Anne
- Wonky Wonderful
- Sweet Twist of Blogging
And as always on Wednesdays, here’s a peak at what we ate this past week!
What We Ate September 9-15, 2013
Monday: Bruschetta with Korean-style green beans
Tuesday: Tossed fettuccine noodles with sauteed zucchini, tomatoes, & basil, sprinkled with fontina
Wednesday: Cilantro-lime stuffed sweet potatoes cubed up & rolled in tortillas, slathered in salsa
Thursday: Vegetable fried rice (brown rice, green beans, corn, carrots, peas, onions, garlic, zucchini, scrambled egg with soy sauce, olive oil & sesame oil)
Friday: Avocado bacon toasts with tomatoes & broiled cheese
Saturday: Thai curry, vegetable, & tofu soup with brown rice
Sunday: Grill-able vegan/veggie burgers with chips (we were at a big party at a park that our church threw!)
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but I will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps me reach my blogging goals!